Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Daddy Issues (Part 5 - Let the Healing Begin)

Daddy Issues

It is not the end of the world that you did not have that perfect relationship with your dad! Life has gone on, and you are still here and still breathing. Can I share with you something truly amazing?

You have a Heavenly Father who loves you more than you know. Nothing you have done in your life - past, present, or future could make Him love you less. He is crazy about you. He is God. He is not a man that He should lie, and He never breaks His promises. You can trust Him. He declares that He is the Father to the fatherless. He has great plans for you - plans to give you a hope and a future, not plans for evil, but plans for peace. He loved you so much dear one, that He sent His One and Only Son to die for you. The price has already been paid, so you don't have to pay it.

God is your Daddy and His love is Perfect. He is your hope and your confidence. He will guide you, lead you, and cheer you on to be the best YOU that He created YOU to be. Let Him heal you to the core of your soul (your mind, your will, and your emotions). I pray the Lord wraps you in His loving arms today and reassures you that He loves you and He is for YOU.

Your biological father failed you, hurt you, and disappointed you. You've tried to find your worth in things that didn't work. Your confidence was broken and you were hopeless. You need your Heavenly Father's love to cheer you on, to lift you up, and to be your guide. God makes all things new. He restores your heart and can turn your ashes into beauty. He can give you life for the death. He can wash away all of the dirt, pain, and hurt. He can pull you through. He can make you whole, and because of Him, you are worthy.

Do not ascribe to God the same thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and actions that you have ascribed to your earthly daddy. God is not that man! Learn to separate the two. This is where your healing will stem from. I myself have been learning to ascribe trust to my Abba Daddy, for He is trustworthy. By the way, ABBA means Daddy - the PERFECT Daddy that we all long for, yearn to have a loving relationship with, and have been looking for! This Daddy exists and so does this beautiful relationship with Him!

It has not been easy for me to trust, but I am learning to crucify that part of me daily, so that I can trust Him. I also ask Him to help me to do this, because I can't do it on my own. My human heart wants to revert back to what it has always known, by my earthly dad's example. The Lord is gentle and lovingly patient and kind with me in this area of my weakness, and He is working with me and partnering with me to set me free from this completely. He knows all, sees all, and always has my good in mind. He is for me and not against me. All of His plans are for my hope and my future. He will not lie to me, run out on me, use me, abuse me, mistreat me, manipulate me, or abandon me.

We have to unlearn the negative things that our earthly daddy's actions, deeds, and words taught us. God is NOTHING like that man! Do you hear me? There is NO COMPARISON!!! So, STOP comparing them. You have to make a clean break in your heart and mind between the two. You have to retrain your mind and heart to know that God is a Perfect, Affectionate, Intimate, Caring, Protecting, Healing, Providing, Encouraging, Loving Daddy and YOU CAN TRUST HIM! Please, let go of all that your earthly daddy did, did not do, was, and could not be for you. God wants to be all of that and more for you now. He is here and He is your Daddy forever. Trust Him. Look to Him for all that you need.

There is a group called "All Things New" and they have this amazing new song, "New Man." It's about "Daddy Issues." I want you to hear the lead singer's story and then the song. Let God heal you.

http://youtu.be/_1LizNDDL78

http://youtu.be/J--c7RHfwEQ

No comments:

Post a Comment