Monday, October 14, 2013

FIERCE: Being a Warrior

This past weekend I was at a Women's Ministry Conference called Fierce. This was a gathering of close to 2000 women from all over the state of Florida. Our Fierce leader - Marsha Woolley spoke on Girls With Swords from Lisa Bevere's next best selling book. Friday morning, night, and Saturday morning our guest speaker - Karen Wheaton shared what the Holy Spirit laid on her heart. She also brought with her Chosen - a worship and creative arts dance and praise team of kids that rocked the house and brought spot on words from God's lips to our ears. Pastor J - the worship leader from Victorious Life Church in Tampa led worship. It was life changing worship. I mean, out of this world. The tangible presence of God was so real, so evident. I set my mind and determined to worship with all my might. I went for it 1000%.

Now, I know what the men are saying that are reading this. Why is she sharing this on the main blog? Why not share it on the women's blog? Well guys, I am glad you asked. You see, there is much to gain from what I am about to share. So, don't tune me out. There are many golden nuggets of truth in this post for you too men. So, please read on. Please think how you can apply what is here in your own life, because it really applies across the board and to the whole body of Christ.

We are warriors! Warriors are very different from soldiers. Being a warrior is a lifestyle and a way of life. Warriors are enlisted for life! Soldiers only fight temporarily and then go back to life as usual. Warriors NEVER stop fighting! We are walking in a unique season. Warriors take the pressures of what comes against them and use it as an opportunity for inward transformation. Warriors allow the pressure around them to increase pressure in them for greatness and power. Warriors always strategize how to defeat the enemy.  

Isaiah 43:5-7 says:
Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east [where they are dispersed] and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, Give up! and to the south, Keep not back. Bring My sons from afar and My daughters from the ends of the earth—Even everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for My glory, whom I have formed, whom I have made.
There are 6 swords that warriors fight with:
  1. The Sword of Words - God's Word. We are to speak His Word to all matters, for the power of life and death is in the warrior's tongue.
  2. The Sword of Harvest - Warriors clear the path for the harvest. They sow and they reap. They strike down predators that get in the way of the harvest. They bring the word of God down, so the harvest can come forth.
  3. The Sword of Light - Hate lives in the dark. Love lives in the light. The warrior abides in the light.
  4. The Sword of Song - Sometimes all it takes is a song to tip the battlefield in our favor. Songs confuse the enemy and praise goes before the battle is ever fought and won. So sing! Don't let the enemy steal your song!
  5. The Sword of Silence - God will fight the battle for you. Just stand and be silent. Watch Him defeat the enemy before your eyes.
  6. The Sword of Forgiveness and Restoration - This helps us to weigh our motives. Always walk in forgiveness, no matter what someone has done to you or said about you.
It's time to rise up WARRIORS! It's time to fight and take back ALL the enemy has taken from us. It's time to stand in the gap for souls. Can you hear the rally and the war cry of your Captain of the Host - Warrior-King Jesus? Wake up, armor up, strategize. Let's go. Listen, it's already settled. Victory is ours because of Jesus. We win this war. We just need to fight.

Scene from The Lord of the Rings, written by J. R. R. Tolkien,
a Christian author, who wrote this epic series to explain the
fight between the Kingdom of our God and the
kingdom of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment